We believe that God has given us good news in Jesus Christ.
- The good news is that Jesus is God’s Son, entering our world, sharing our nature, in order to become our Saviour and Lord.
- The good news is that Jesus’ life of obedience, his death on the cross
and his resurrection bring us forgiveness, new life and a great rescue
- The good news calls us to trust in Christ, to receive peace with God and
in the power of God’s Spirit to turn from our sinfulness.
- The good news moves us to live for Christ now as we await his return as Judge and Saviour.
We believe that, through Jesus Christ, God can be known as our heavenly Father and that through the Holy Spirit we may trust, love and worship him.
- Our Christian faith is empowered by Jesus’ presence – through the Holy Spirit.
- Our Christian lives are supported by Jesus’ family – the church.
- Our Christian worship involves praising Jesus, – with everything that we have, and in everything that we do.
- Our Christian hope lifts our eyes from the present to our future – with Jesus in heaven.
We believe that, the Bible is God’s book, written by
human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, so that what the
Bible says, God says. It is in the Bible that we meet God and he teaches
us what to believe about him and how to live for him.
- In our church life and in our personal lives we submit to the authority of the Bible.
- In our church gatherings we place an emphasis on teaching from the Bible.
- In our church family we encourage personal and corporate Bible study.
We believe that the world’s greatest need is to hear and respond to this good news. That is why we want to encourage all people…
- To turn from their selfish lives and to submit to Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- To experience the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To know God as Father.
- To discover God’s will in the pages of the Bible.
- To take part in the life of his family, the church.
- To bring the good news of God’s rescue to their families, friends, colleagues, town, country and world.